Rotary drum filters - Drum screen
Rotary drum filters are economic and performing devices for the removal of solid particles in suspension into the water.
Waste water to be treated enters the upper feeding tank and flows through the drum wire-net into a lower tank and, from here, to the following treatment units.
As the solids retained clog up the drum wire-net, the level of the water into the upper feeding tank rises and a level controller starts a slow rotation of the drum.
A scraper blade removes the solids from the surface of the drum and conveys them into an adequate container.
Our drum filters cover a wide range of flows (from 30 up to 2000 m3/hour) and filtration spacing (from 0,25 to 3 mm).
Since flow depends on the wastewater solids contents, besides filtration spacing, ask our technical office for the correct dimensioning of the machine.
Our drum filters, completely made of stainless steel AISI 304 and automatic working cycle, consist of:
filtering drum built with electro-welded trapezoidal bars wire-net, supports and lateral flanges
gear reduction unit with worm screw reducer and electrical motor (tri-phases 400 V, 50 Hz, others on request) for drum rotation
- upper feeding tank with inner siphon, flanged connection for the feeding pumps, upper sealing made of shaped polyethylene between the drum and the tank, lateral skirting on the scraping blade for the containment of the screened material
lower tank to collect filtered water with flanged connection for discharging pipeline
- scraping blade, support of stainless steel AISI 304 and part in contact with drum of replaceable brass
bar holding the nozzles for drum backwashing
trap with sealing gaskets for the inspection of the feeding tank
overflow inside the feeding tank with adjustable profile and flanged connection for discharging pipeline
- Filtration from 10 to 3000 micron
- Continuous filtration
- Easy and fast filtration
- Resistance to corosion
- Resistance to sea water
- Less water loss
- No pressure required
- Filtration of atmospheric pressure
- Farms, fish farms and fish hatcheries, irrigation systems
- Energy and water saving
- Easy operation and maintenance
- The possibility of using different degrees of filtration
- The absence of the risk of blockage
Production and equipment:
- Stainless steel 304 or 316L and Polypropylene (PP) material
- Electrical panel
- Remote control capability
- Special design according to customer needs
- Coating and painting according to the specific working environment